You are here: Home > Company > History

Our History

Official business registration

SUMA Gewerbeanmeldung Sulzberg

House in Kühbach

SUMA Haus in Kühbach

 

31.03.1957

First official business registration was made as a "Workshop for the development, production, and repair electrical and mechanical equipment, machinery and equipment" by Gerhard Thürwächter in Kühbach.

01.04.1957

Start of construction of agitators and hand-carts. This included the development of the first electric agitator, the Rekordmix (see picture below). During this first year, farmer Clemens Wish joined the company and provided more collateral.
A few years later, the company, manufacturing agitators, had its first prospects and customers in the Netherlands, England, Ireland and Norway

Drawing of the 1st Rekordmix

SUMA Zeichnung erstes Elektrorührwerk Rekordmix

First Ad of SUMA

SUMA Werbung erstes Elektrorührwerk Rekordmix

1963

The 2nd generation of Rekordmix was put on the market, the Recordmix B. Here is the oldest traceable advertising for SUMA agitators.

1965

Expansion of the company: The headquarters moved to an old farmhouse in the village of Sulzberg. The barn was converted to the workshop and now provided space for 15 skilled workers. During this time, Clemens Merk left the company.

1970

Gerhard Thürwächter developed the first tractor driven mixer, the "Giantmix".

1972

The company is renamed "Thürwächter Sondermaschinen GmbH" .Shortly thereafter, came the first major order for 800 electric motors. The export of the products is now about 20% of sales.

1976

The construction of corporate buildings in the commercial area of Sulzberg is started. With a market share of 70-80 %, the Thürwächter Sondermaschinen GmbH has taken a leading role. The move to the new facility took place in 1976.

1978

Development of the first Tower Mixers.

1982

Development of Giantmix SG as an alternative to the submersible mixers of other companies.

1986

Construction of museum display cases.  Four years later, there were for both areas divisional directors, however, the museum display cases did not prevail and was abondened after a short period.
In addition, construction of the first submersible mixers was set.

1988

Construction of combined agitators.

1991

Dipl Ing (FH) Paul Thürwächter entered the company. He was appointed Managing Director in 1993 and in 1998 he acquired the assets of the company by his father.

1992

The company now consists of approximately 25 employees.

2000

Optimization of the agitators and design of new products.
Expansion to America and Brazil through SUMA America Inc. and Brasuma as two separate legal entities.

2007

50th anniversary of the SUMA Sondermaschinen GmbH & Co. KG.  On  28.12.2007 the company was renamed SUMA Rührtechnik GmbH.

2014

Approx. 74,000 agitators sold in approximately 47 countries and the export share has risen to 50%.