Most experience in anaerobic digestion market
- Mixer designs started 60 years ago for manure management
- SUMA moved into biogas market at its inception in Europe and grew with the market.
- Approximately 25% of the 7,500+ digester installations in Germany have SUMA mixers
- SUMA mixers are in successful operation in digesters in 20 other European countries, as well as Turkey, Japan, China, South Korea, Indonesia, Thailand, Brazil, Canada and the United States
- SUMA delivers 1,500 to 2,000 mixers annually with almost all going to anaerobic digesters or directly related applications.
Higher efficiency, "high speed" mixers
- SUMA HD+ propellers are 25 to 30% more efficient than previous designs.
- Use of SUMA HD+ propellers allow same mixing with less power or, with larger diameter propellers, more mixing for the old power consumption.
New SUMA Optimix 2G 90-90
- Large diameter (55 inch) slow speed mixer for circulation with minimal power.
- 3 Blade propeller with unique blade shape provides:
- Highest mixing efficiency
- Smooth, vibration free operation
- Steel blades standard with hardened stainless or carbon steel as options.
- Development included careful measurement of all forces generated and their effects on mixer, support components and tank structure.
Better design features for all SUMA submersible mixers
- Oil filled motors for optimal heat removal from windings & lubrication of motor bearings
- Use of 4 pole motors with high power factors for lowest current draw & heat generation in windings for any given kW compared to high pole motors without gearbox.
- Planetary reducers with large oil capacity and full synthetic oil, extending oil change intervals
- All SUMA mixers use a unique "drive head."
- Drive head has its own oil volume.
- All radial and thrust loads from the propeller are taken by two massive tapered roller bearings and transmitted to the mixer housing and then the mast.
- The drive (motor and reducer) sees only torque.
- The mechanical seal with SiC seal faces is against the outboard tapered roller bearing
- Very small seal deflection insured.
- Seal springs to oil and not mixed fluid, eliminating chance of springs becoming jammed by crud.
Strong support in North America
- Parts and mixer inventories in both the US(IL) and Canada (ON)
- Extensive inventory carried at factory
- Multiple service partners across US and Canada